Know Your Plumpy History: Goodtymes

by 7:56 PM 0 comments
The second of five interviews with the remaining original owners of Plumpy.

Goodtymes, General Manager of the Pittsburgh Wannabes.

1.) What do you do in real life?

I am a district manager for an import car manufacturer. Living in Pittsburgh right now.

2.) How did you learn about HBD?

Was an early Hoops Dynasty addict, but baseball has been my passion. Jumped at the chance to join an HBD world with veteran HD coaches.

3.) Who is your all time favorite ballplayer in Plumpy?


Not sure why, but I have an attachment to my early players. I'll go with Brett Stewart, he was the anchor in hype lineup of my early teams.

4.) What is your proudest moment in Plumpy?

Making WS in season 6 (haven't been able to bring the title home yet). Was busy wheeling and dealing early trying to figure game out, and managed to put together a pretty good squad.

5.) Which player is your proudest draft pick?


Either Stewart, or my 1st draft pick ever, Rob Pote. Even though at the time,we had very little influence in who we drafted.

6.) What is the most devastating injury one of your players incurred?


I've been pretty fortunate, but probably the knee injury Tike Burks suffered. Great bat, but was a SS with no range preinjury, and became a 1B/DH after.

7.) What is the most overrated rating on a player card?


I don't know that any are overrated. You definitely have to be aware of how certain ratings play off each other, and don't think you can really ignore any of them.

8.) What is the most underrated rating on a player card?

To me, it's makeup. The ability to have players that maximize their potential, and extend their careers is big.

9.) Do you have a nemesis in the league (either another owner or a particular player?)


I don't, though with 3 of the other original owners in the NL (Jerico, grecianfox, and ttjackson), I'm always more interested in results when I play those guys.

10.) As one of five owners who was here on day 1 of the league, how do you think Plumpy could improve going forward?


It is my favorite league right now. It seems most owners in the league see it as the game it is, and doesn't take it too seriously, and is just what I think a good league needs.

Keep your eyes open for tomorrow's interview featuring the original Plumpy Commish, Jeri

Unknown

Developer

Commissioner of the fakest fake baseball league on the planet: Plumpy Rules!!!!111

0 comments: