S53 Hall of Fame Voting

by 12:31 PM 0 comments
Last season, I mentioned that I found a quick and easy way to calculate Wins Above Replacement for hitters and that it's a good way to easily assess HOF-worthiness. I still believe that, and now that I've calculated some of the totals for guys on the ballot, it is even more true because the process is now faster.

Just like last season, I have saved the voting totals from the previous season via screenshot and have included them below:


As you can see, we got a couple guys in last year using this method after getting just one guy in over the previous two seasons. That leaves the following five guys as the top five vote-getters who fell short of election last year:

1) Pablo Macias, 15 of 16 votes needed last year
t-2) Gregorio Astacio & Don Webster, 13 of 16 votes needed last year
3) David Campos, 12 of 16 votes needed last year
4) Elian Rojas Jr, 8 of 16 votes needed last year
5) Harry Espinosa, 6 of 16 votes needed last year

Here's a quick look at my estimated career WAR totals for those six, and what kind of a chance they have at election as a result:
  • Pablo Macias: 52 career WAR, "I Might Get In" 
  • Gregorio Astacio:  64 career WAR, "I Might Get In"
  • Don Webster: Career Standard Score 50.9, "I Might Get In"
  • David Campos: Career Standard Score 23.3, "I'll Get In Eventually"
  • Elian Rojas Jr: 61 career WAR, "I Might Get In"
  • Harry Espinosa: Career Standard Score 45.0, "I Might Get In"
As of right now, I will be voting for everyone listed above except for Macias. However, I am going to take a closer look at the ballot and will update this page if/when I have more information to present. Until then I hope this helps!

***EDIT: Campos is not on the ballot this season, so I will replace him with Macias on my initial round of votes***

The World Chat conversation so far this season has also brought up the following names:

  • James Moore, 67 career WAR, "I Might Get In" 
  • Otis Gold, 25 career WAR, "Field of {Pipe} Dreams"
  • Glen Lowell, 43 career WAR, "Praying For A Miracle"
  • Fred Sparks, Career Standard Score 20.3, "I Might Get In"
At this point, I'm looking over the list of candidates and not seeing anyone on the ballot whose case is stronger than "I Might Get In"...which could very easily be a first in all of my seasons writing HOF blog posts across my various worlds. That being said, I think we should still try to elect as many guys as possible who "might get in." This would be the perfect year for it!

bruinsfan911

Developer

Commissioner of the fakest fake baseball league on the planet: Plumpy Rules!!!!111

0 comments: