Season 62 HOF Voting

by 4:26 AM 0 comments

 For (I think) the third year in a row, I have forgotten to take a screenshot of last year's vote totals. As a result, I will be using career-high vote totals to guide my voting and blog post this season rather than last year's results. Similar to the last few seasons, though, I will be using position-by-position standards to compare the candidates I take a look at to their peers to see how they stack up on a HOF scale. 

This year's first five candidates that I will look at are: Esmailyn Johnson (13 votes in S60), Donn Oliver (12 votes in S58), Darnell Curtis (12 votes in S56), Odalis Marmol (11 votes in S59) and Geraldo Terrero (9 votes in S57.) If any of them don't make the cut, there are a number of first-year guys who I will go back and evaluate. But first we need to start with the five from above, so here's how they stack up: 

Second Basemen

Slam Dunk HOFer: 113 Estimated WAR

Definite HOFer: 93 Estimated WAR

Strong HOF Case: 73 Estimated WAR

Weak HOF Case: 53 Estimated WAR

No HOF Case At All: 52 or fewer Estimated WAR

Esmailyn Johnson: 79 Estimated WAR = Strong HOF Case

Left Fielders

Slam Dunk HOFer: 91 Estimated WAR

Definite HOFer: 71 Estimated WAR

Strong HOF Case: 51 Estimated WAR

Weak HOF Case: 31 Estimated WAR

No HOF Case At All: 30 or fewer Estimated WAR

Donn Oliver: 52 Estimated WAR = Strong HOF Case

Designated Hitters

Slam Dunk HOFer: 61 Estimated WAR

Definite HOFer: 41 Estimated WAR

Strong HOF Case: 21 Estimated WAR

Weak HOF Case: 1 Estimated WAR

No HOF Case: Less than 1 Estimated WAR

Darnell Curtis: 44 Estimated WAR = Definite HOFer

Right Fielders

Slam Dunk HOFer: 78 Estimated WAR

Definite HOFer: 58 Estimated WAR 

Strong HOF Case: 38 Estimated WAR

Weak HOF Case: 18 Estimated WAR

No HOF Case: 17 or fewer Estimated WAR 

Odalis Marmol: 45 Estimated WAR = Strong HOF Case

Starting Pitchers

Slam Dunk HOFer: 153 Estimated WAR

Definite HOFer: 133 Estimated WAR

Strong HOF Case: 113 Estimated WAR

Weak HOF Case: 93 Estimated WAR

No HOF Case: 92 or fewer Estimated WAR

Geraldo Terrero: 54 Estimated WAR = No HOF Case 

Yasiel Arias: 190 Estimated WAR = Slam Dunk HOFer

Relief Pitchers

Slam Dunk HOFer: 167 Estimated WAR

Definite HOFer: 147 Estimated WAR

Strong HOF Case: 127 Estimated WAR

Weak HOF Case: 107 Estimated WAR

No HOF Case: 106 or fewer Estimated WAR

Pep Wanatabe: 85 Estimated WAR = No HOF Case

Since I make it a policy to vote for anyone in the top three categories, the five guys above will account for four of my votes. I will be passing on Terrero, even though I'm fairly sure I am the one who nominated him at some point a few seasons ago. As I mentioned above, my next move is to look at the first-year ballot guys: Denny Burriss, Rafael Torrez, Pep Wanatabe, Victor Olmedo, Julian Matos and Yasiel Arias. First up will be the pitchers, not only because their scores are faster to calculate but also because my guess is that Wanatabe and Arias have the best chance to be elected on the first go around. 


Arias actually has the best HOF case out of anyone that I've evaluated so far, Wanatabe had a solid career but the HOF numbers don't match up. As of now, my ballot will be Curtis, Johnson, Marmol, Oliver and Arias.  


 

 



bruinsfan911

Developer

Commissioner of the fakest fake baseball league on the planet: Plumpy Rules!!!!111

0 comments: