Hall of Faming Voting Season 65

by 10:36 AM 0 comments

 There has already been some chatter about who should get the nod to Virtual Cooperstown on the World Chat, so I am going to factor that into my process for this season. Typically I would focus on the five guys (I think I just made myself a little hungry...) who got the highest vote totals that were still short of election. Then, I'd check to see if any first-year ballot guys are worthy of taking the place of those five. This season, those are going to be steps two and three. Step one will be to take a look at the numbers behind the careers of those players who have already generated discussion on the chat boards. That list is as follows: 

  1. Jhoulys Sosa
  2. Luther Stowers
  3. Enny Cayones
  4. Tsuyoshi Lo 
  5. Juan Escuela 
  6. Lewis Hatley
  7. Gorkys Garces 
With more options than votes to use even just from that list, I think steps two and three should take a bit of a back seat until we see if everyone above truly is HOF worthy. To judge HOF worthiness I am going to continue using what I have termed "Importance Score" which is WAR/season with bonus points given for rings, MVP Awards and/or Cy Young awards as well as years with 4+ WAR. 

Since I started tracking that stat, it has become apparent that any score of 10+ is worthy of election to the HOF. All of that is a long way of saying I'll calculate that score for the seven guys above and see how many of them get a double digit result. Here's what I found: 

  • J. Sosa = 18.9 Importance Score (and I don't have complete data) 
  • L. Stowers = 23.5 Importance Score (and I don't have complete data) 
  • E. Cayones = 23.6 Importance Score (and I don't have complete data) 
  • T. Lo = 13.9 Importance Score (and I don't have complete data) 
  • J. Escuela = 24.3 Importance Score (and I don't have complete data) 
  • L. Hatley = 18.7 Importance Score (and I don't have complete data) 
  • G. Garces = 9.20 Importance Score (and I don't have complete data) 
That data makes two things clear: I need to get some complete data to make sure those numbers hold up and also there are more than five deserving candidates on this year's ballot. Here are the five that I'm voting for right now: 
  1. Juan Escuela: 24.3 Importance Score
  2. Enny Cayones: 23.6 Importance Score
  3. Luther Stowers: 23.5 Importance Score 
  4. Jhoulys Sosa: 18.9 Importance Score
  5. Lewis Hatley: 18.7 Importance Score

bruinsfan911

Developer

Commissioner of the fakest fake baseball league on the planet: Plumpy Rules!!!!111

0 comments: